Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thursday 22 July 2010 8 pm NZ

My introduction to Elluminate, great, a meeting tool I am looking forward to getting to know better and perhaps use and share for myself. I was overwhelmed by the participants who joined this first synchronous 'Online Facilitation' webinar from across the globe and locally. Meeting virtually is an important part of the communities of practice I am involved with. I have used a number of different online meeting tools over the last eight years. Video and audio conferencing as part of the Virtuallearning Network e-learning programme for rural schools in New Zealand. In my ACE role I have use FlashMeeting, Skype and Second Life. This journey has just begun, really looking forward to my next trip.

3 comments:

Sarah Stewart said...

Interested to see you mention Second Life - how have you been using SL?

Jan Collier said...

I am a team member of with ACEnet (http://akoaotearoa.ac.nz/acenet) lead by Terry Neal Interesting blogger posts don't appear to a offer hyperlink feature. Terry introduced our team to Second Life for weekly meetings. I was continually bumping into strangers and had problem with dressing myself so prefer alternatives.

Sarah Stewart said...

The other thing I haven't got my head around is what ACEnet is?